Fertility Investigations are:
For Male Infertility Patients:
- complete blood pictureRandom blood testViral Screening
Sperm DNA Fragmentation Test
For Female Infertility Patients:
- Complete blood pictureRandom blood sugarViral Screening
Screening for Tuberculosis
Hormonal tests for S. Prolactin and Thyroid function tests
Vaginal ultrasound (VOLUSON P8 3D/4D SCAN)
Blood tests for FSH, E2, LH and AMH
Anti-Mullerian Hormone (AMH) Testing
H.S.G (Hystero Salpingo Gram):
- Hysterosalpingogram is an infertility investigation done using X-ray to study the uterus and the internal uterine cavity to determine if the uterine cavity is normal or not. HSG is conducted after the menstrual cycle has ended, when the uterus lining is thin.The procedure is done by inserting a metal instrument into the cervix, which is called cervical cannula. The patient is suggested to take antibiotics or pain medications prior to commencing of the treatment. A liquid dye is passed into the uterine cavity and the X-ray images of the uterus are captured.
3D/4D Ultrasound (VOLUSON P8)
- Using ultrasound imaging we can capture real-time images of the foetus. It is a non surgical procedure which passes ultrasound waves to capture pictures of the foetus in several angles, helping us to identify any defects and growth etc. Using 3D and 4D ultrasound we can monitor the heartbeat, and any deformities in the foetus growth.3D and 4D ultrasounds are safe which allows the doctor to capture the ultrasound images in the early stages of pregnancy. Also, 3D or 4D ultrasound is safe and also gives information about birth defects which cannot be known in other 2D ultrasound. It is a medical procedure done by the doctor to know the foetal growth and development. It’s done by applying gel on the stomach and gliding a probe to capture images.
- Postcoital test is done to examine the woman’s cervical mucus after intercourse to check the movement of sperms.It is done when a woman is facing difficulty to conceive, while the others test could not detect the cause for the infertility. Post coital test is done few days before the ovulation.Its the time when the movement of sperm is fast and easy to penetrate into the uterus. After having intercourse, your doctor might ask you to give the mucus sample. It is done to detect the reason for infertility.
Progesterone blood test
- Progesterone blood test is done to examine the cause for infertility. The levels of progesterone keep varying during the menstrual cycle, hence series of tests must be done. It is done to figure out if a female has ovulated or when the ovulation might likely to happen etc. This test gives information to reduce the pregnancy having high risk.Some women receive progesterone injections during their early stages of pregnancy. Test results for progesterone depends at which time the menstruation cycle is in. After the ovulation begins the progesterone levels rise. If there is no fluctuation in the progesterone levels and no regular menstruation cycles, it’s a sign of infertility. If the progesterone levels do not rise or fall it’s an indication that there might be some problems with the placenta and fetus.
High progesterone levels are indication of:
- Ovarian cystSome form of ovarian cancerAdrenal cancer
Low levels of progesterone might indicate:
- Less functioning of ovariesNo regular menstruation (amenorrhea)Ectopic pregnancy
- Laparoscopy is a surgical procedure which uses a device inserted into the belly to examine the pelvic organs. Laparoscopy is done to determine problems like cysts and fibroids etc. Tissue samples are collected to conduct biopsy.Laparoscopy is less painful and has less stressful when compared to laparotomy for minor surgeries. It is a daytime procedure. Laparoscopy is done to examine any growth of cysts and tumors in the pelvis region. Also it determines any signs of endometriosis, ectopic pregnancy, or pelvic inflammatory disease (PID).
- Hysteroscopy is a procedure where your doctor injects a device directly into the uterus. It has a camera fitted to monitor the uterus and internal organs. This device has a light and a small camera on the end to allow the doctor to see inside your uterus.This test can be done for medical purposes. It is used to find any deformities or malformation of uterus, removal of fibroids and polyps.