- GE VOLUSON P8 3D/4D REALTIME- for complete workup of the female infertility Patients.3D and 4D ultrasounds are not mandatory tests but they are done to check the growth and movement of the fetus.However they are not necessary and not considered as a standard prenatal tests. Doctors give them to women who are curious to see the fetus.
What the Test Does
- Like traditional ultrasounds, 3D and 4D also use ultrasound waves to create pictures of the fetus in the womb. The difference between 3D and 4D is that in 3D ultrasound waves create the three-dimensional picture of the fetus whereas in 4D ultrasounds create a live video like effect and you can visualize when your baby smiles, cries and yawns.
- Parents often are curious to see the 3D and 4D ultrasounds as you can see your baby’s face for the first time.Research claims that 3D and 4D ultrasounds are safe and it’s easy for doctors to understand if there exists any problem with the fetus.However too much of ultrasound exposure is not safe for the baby.
How the Test Is Done
- During an abdominal ultrasound, you will need to lie down on a bed and the ultrasound specialist applies gel on the belly and begin the process.
- The technician uses a device to move around the belly to capture images.
What to Know About Test Results
- Later, you can take the images home. Also your doctor shall consult if there are any signs of abnormality.