Natural Cycle IVF (Minimal stimulation)
The updated and modern treatment styles are one of the reasons that help us in maintaining the tag ‘the best IVF center in Hyderabad India‘.
Minimal stimulation is the advanced treatment method that could bring us good results.
- Mild IVF is a method where a small dose of ovarian stimulating drugs are used for a short duration during a woman’s natural cycle aimed at producing 2–7 eggs and creating healthy embryos.Overall pregnancy rates may be less than that of a standard down regulated cycle.Minimal Stimulation is a trendy form of IVF treatment for infertility issues in women. The procedure is done by using medications and drugs that trigger or stimulate the ovaries to produce follicles. Minimal stimulation IVF is different from other forms of IVF treatment depending on the dosage of medicines used to dispense multiple eggs in a menstrual cycle.Minimal stimulation procedure has good chances of success for women to conceive. Women opt to go for Ovarian Hyper-stimulation Syndrome as it uses less medications and is inclined more of natural or holistic approach.Your doctor will suggest you to opt for Minimal Stimulation IVF in the following situations:
1.When the female body does not respond to medication or drugs to produce multiple eggs.
2.Woman above the age of 40.
3.When the eggs released are not of good quality for fertilization.
4.Women having ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome problems.
5.Also women with low egg count and ovarian reserve.
Minimal Stimulation IVF Procedure
- The procedure begins by giving medications and drugs as a part of the treatment. Medicines such as clomiphene citrate will be used once the menstrual cycle has started.Also medicines and drugs like gonadotropins are induced based on how the body reacts to the medications. Also as a part of the Ovarian Hyper-stimulation Syndrome, ultrasound scanning is done to examine the growth and release of eggs and to estimate their quality.The matured egg is handled as in the same technique of the IVF treatment. Amongst the matured egg, the most healthiest egg is chosen and sperm is induced into the egg for the fertilization to happen to form an embryo. At the later stage the embryo is transferred in the woman’s uterus(womb) and careful monitoring and appropriate environment is created for the embryo to develop.After 15 to 20 days of the embryo transfer, tests is conducted to know if the implantation has happened.
Advantages of Minimal Stimulation IVF
Below are the Advantages listed:
1. Affordable: The minimal stimulation IVF treatment is cost efficient compared to other conventional IVF treatment.
2. Saves Time: The minimal Stimulation is a quick procedure when compared to conventional IVF.
3. Less side effects: Since the MS IVF uses less medications, and is more of holistic approach, it does not affect the hormones abruptly.
4. Decreased time period between 2 cycles: After the completion of one cycle of IVF treatment,the doctor suggests the patient to take rest for the ovaries cannot be triggered in a short span.
5. Patient’s comfort: In the MS IVF treatment, the patient feels minimal discomfort and pain associated when compared to other conventional IVF procedures.
- Also in Minimal Stimulation IVF procedure, the risk is also less in comparison to conventional IVF. Since dosage of medications and fertility drugs usage is less, the chances to conceive are also low, since less eggs are collected. Patients prefer MS-IVF over Conventional IVF due to the less side effects, and health risks associated.In conventional IVF treatments high dosage of medicines and fertility hormones are given which causes bloating and severe abdominal pain. Also Some patients experience Ovarian Hyper-stimulation Syndrome (OHSS), which is a serious condition. It has side effects like excess weight gain, shortness of breath, which needs hospitalization. There by MS-IVF avoids such risk of OHSS and side effects.